Friday, January 1, 2010

I guess I could do New Year's Resolutions for 2010

1. If I could achieve a whole week as a pure vegan I would be happy. I made it three weeks once, and that was during Thanksgiving even, so that means I can do it, right?

2. This year I want to reach peace and completeness with where I am in my life. Meaning, what I do every day, or what I don't do. Whether on a career path or in school, I want a sense of inner peace and acceptance about it. Even if I decide that this is no longer a focus of mine, and my focus is more on building relationships and my job is just a means to "be in the world," I want that same sense of inner peace and acceptance. I don't have a conscious grasp on specifics, but my intent is kerneling. Time to fully blossom, I think.

3. The only resolution I made last year was to read 100 short stories over the course of the year. I didn't come close. I finished reading less than ten books too. I did not fulfill any self-promises about writing either. So this year, no resolutions like that. I do want to read more, though. It's fun.

4. I would like to be comfortable in my physical space. I want to make the space itself important.

5. I want to make my body a focus of respect and compassion.

Fun rejected resolutions because of their specificity:

1. write a poem a day
2. write a book
3. exercise six days a week without fail
4. get engaged

No comments:

Post a Comment